Follow This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

HOTEL SHUPARO (ゆうばりホテルシューパロ)| All You Can Eat Yubari Melons (夕張メロン食べ放題)| Yubari

I had a dream that I could eat Yubari melons (夕張メロン) as many as possible, and my dream came true the other day!
We stayed "HOTEL SHUPARO (ゆうばりホテルシューパロ)" located in Yubari, serving "all-you-can-eat-Yubari melons" service from June to August!
(*Shuparo means the main stream of Yubari river in Ainu language.)

Look at the melon spirit with soda at a local convenience store! Yes! Yubari is a melon city.

Don't expect too much about the rooms. We came here to eat Yubari melons. Hahaha!

Before eating dinner, I enjoyed the hot spring.

It's not big, but I was so happy to occupy this space alone for a while!

This alkali natural hot spring relieved my fatigue, and made me really relax!

Voila!
This is a buffet venue!

I selected only what I wanted to eat this time! Hahaha!
These are pink shrimps caught off Hokkaido! Yummy x 2!!

How about queen crabs! We ate crabs as many as possible!!

Are you ready?
Here come Yubari melons!!!

At the first auction this year, two Yubari melons fetched one million yen!! The melons are unbelievably delicious!!

Actually I ate 24 pieces of Yubari melons, and my tour guests called me the "TV champion"!  I felt like I ate up all Yubari melons of my life!

Next morning, I walked along the street near the hotel. I love this peaceful atmosphere!

This street is named "Cinema Street". Yubari is not only a melon city, but also a movie city.  Actually, this city is a location for filming "Yellow Handkerchief (幸せの黄色いハンカチ)", a big hit movie in Japan, and has held the "Yubari International Fantastic Film Festival (ゆうばり国際ファンタスティック映画祭『ゆうばりファンタ』)" every year since 1990.

Buildings on the street have panels of famous movies. For example, this camera shop has a panel of "River of No Return (帰らざる河)".

 This izakaya restaurant has a panel of "Cleopatra (クレオパトラ)".

This normal house has a panel of "Rashomon (羅生門)" directored by Akira Kurosawa (黒澤 明). Amazing, isn't it?

We really enjoyed this country town!!

■Where is "HOTEL SHUPARO (ゆうばりホテルシューパロ)"?

View Larger Map


■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

Reading your blog made me realised I missed out so many places in Hokkaido. Next time I might come Hokkaido again and ask you to be my tour guide.
http://lifecheryl.blogspot.com/

K.K. said...

>Cheryl Yeo
OK! Let's enjoy a gourmet tour together!!!!

Cinnamonbars said...

Is this the only place that offer Yubari buffet in furano?

Post a Comment